Keep in mind that,
- Office 365 creates a default domain in the signing up process. If you want you can keep this domain or add a new domains to the service.
- Domain which is registered in GoDaddy is added in this scenario.
- Third party service provider GoDaddy is used to host DNS
Go to Office 365 Admin Center.. Choose Add Domain
Enter the Domain name…
verify domain (in this scenario GoDaddy is the domain registrar)
Log in credentials should be given to log in to GoDaddy
Update DNS settings..
How to check the newly created Domains
Go to Office 365 Admin Center —> Settings —> Domains
Go to the Office 365 admin center.. Choose Add a user
Create user… (the Domain can be default or configured one)
Give a suitable password
Assign proper role (in this case normal user is created)
User is added (if you want send password in email can be chosen)
How to Check the active users
Go to Office 365 admin center —> Users —> Active Users
Keep in mind that,
- Microsoft doesn’t allow you to change a tenant name after it has been chosen.
- Your location cannot be changed again after signing up since Microsoft use regional information to deliver the right services
- Creating multiple tenants can be an option if multiple companies are operating independently in an organization
There are Three main Office 365 Subscription Options namely,
- Office 365 Business [Office 365 Business Essentials, Office 365 Business, Office 365 Business Premium]
- Office 365 Education [Office 365 Education, Office 365 Education E5]
- Office 365 Enterprise [Office 365 ProPlus, Office 365 Enterprise E1, Office 365 Enterprise E3, Office 365 Enterprise E5]
More at https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office-365-plan-options.aspx
Choose see plans and pricing…
Go for appropriate plan (free trial is available for testing purposes)
In this scenario free trial is chosen
Provide appropriate Details (keep in mind that the location cannot be changed again)
Create the User ID…
When you enter this information, Office 365 will generate a default domain name based on the company name you supply. The default domain name will end with .onmicrosoft.com.
Validate the sign up using text me or call me
After couple of more steps your account is created and will look like this… If you want you can use the old admin center (Choose go to the old admin center)
After signing out use https://login.microsoftonline.com/ to Sign in to your account